Transfer of account from one branch to another branch in the Bank
Bank provides facility to get the account transferred from one branch to another branch. Procedure for getting the account transferred is given below.
- Request application for transfer of account should be submitted by the account-holder(s) to the branch where they hold the account (Home Branch), clearly indicating the account number(s) of account/s which is/are to be transferred to another branch by giving name of the transferee branch (i.e. where the branch where the account is to be transferred).
- The account-holder(s) should surrender the existing cheque book / unused cheque leaves.
- The account number will remain the same even after transfer of the account to another branch of the Bank.
- The accountholder(s) are required to submit proof of new address, change of mobile and telephone numbers to the branch where account is transferred.
- There are no charges payable by the accountholder for transfer of deposit account from one branch to another. However, in case of transfer of loan account transferred at the request of the accountholder, to a branch situated in another State, the difference in stamp duty, if any, shall be payable by the accountholder, in accordance with the local laws.