Mahabank Agricultual Research & Rural Development Foundation (MARDEF)
- Under take, institute, carry on and promote research in agriculture, animal husbandry etc.
- To carry on experiments, education and extension work for adoption of improved agricultural practices by field visits, Trainings, etc.
- Implement rural development programmers in the areas of health, education, in collaboration with research institutions/Govt. Organizations.
- Water management Study atvillage Ralegan Siddhi, Dt Ahmednagar
- Harvesting of rain water by roof catchment method
- Marketing Survey of rural products
- Vermi Culture( Organic Farming)
- Training programmes for farmers.
- Implementing projects of Council for Advancement of Peoples’ Action and Rural
- Technology (CAPART) at RDC Bhigwan.
- Providing rent free Agricultural implements to farmers.
- Education tours of farmers to Research stations / farms.
On going Projects:
- Transfer of Technology Project (T.O.T) at Bhigwan
- Project is being implemented in 20 villages for three years (2004-07)
- Reclamation of saline & alkaline soils : 10 demo plots
- Awareness of programmes for propagation : 60 demo plots
- Vermi composting pits: 10 demo plots
- Nursery development of selected medicinal plants for training of Self help Groups (SHGs) : 12 SHGs.
- Publication of Agro- Export Bulletin
Under aegis of MARDEF, Rural Development Centre (RDC) at Hadapsar & Bhigwan, Gramin Mahila Va Balak Vikas Mandal (GMBVM), Mahabank Self Employment Training Institute (MSETI) and Touch Screen Project (Krishi Mitra) are functioning.