NON RESIDENT INDIAN ACCOUNTS
A Non-Resident Indian is -
- A person who has gone out of India or who stays outside India for
- Taking up employment outside India,
- Carrying on a business or vocation,
- Any other purpose in such circumstances as would indicate his intention to stay outside India for an uncertain period.
- Indian citizens working abroad on assignment with Foreign Governments, Government Agencies or International/regional agencies such as United Nations Organization (UNO) and its affiliates, IMF, IBRD etc.
- Government officials and other officials of public sector undertakings deputed abroad on assignment or posted abroad (including diplomatic missions) are considered as Non Resident Indians. A person of Indian Origin is a citizen of any country other than Bangladesh or Pakistan, if
- He at any time held Indian Passport, or
- He or either of his parents or any of his grand parents was a citizen of India by virtue of the constitution of India or the citizenship Act, 1955, or
- The person is a spouse of an Indian Citizen or a person referred to in (a) or (b) above