Gramin Mahila Va Balak Vikas Mandal (GMBVM)
Sailent features of GMBVM
- Registered Trust under Bombay Trust Act in the year 1989
- Constituted by Bank Of Maharashtra and National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM)
- The Chairman and the Board of Trustees consist of Senior Executives of the Bank, SHG members and staff.
- Work of Trust is carried out by 95 dedicated persons on contract basis who works as Coordinators & animators
- Works on no profit no loss basis.
- Empowering rural women through medium of SHGs.
- Provision of micro credit to take up income generating activities.
- Formed 6256 SHGs & credit linked 4904 groups with Rs 36.08 crore as Bank loan
- Status of Mother NGO given to Trust by Govt. of Maharashtra.
- NABARD has awarded State level trophy for best NGO for the year 2004-05 & 2005-06.
Activities Taken by Women SHGs
- Manufacture of Pickles, papads, Vermicelli.
- Making of potteries, Clay Idols, Cane articles, embroidery work ,Incense sticks.
- Packing & Selling Of Agricultural Produce and Vermi compost.
- Making of Candles, hand made paper articles and cloth bags.
- Garment manufacture with market tie up.
- Contacting major Corporates registered with Indian NGOs Organizations for funding development project
- Carrying out SHG formation, credit Linkages, for Bank of Maharashtra & other Banks.
- New proposal under SHG Bank Linkage with NABARD Participation.
- Proposal for opening of Market outlets at Taluka Level in Pune district