Capital Market Application ( ASBA )
ASBA (Application Supported by Blocked Amount)
All branches are enabled for Accepting & Processing ASBA Applications.
An Investor friendly way to apply for Primary markets & Keep earning interest without parting your money until stocks are allotted
What is ASBA:
- ASBA means “Application Supported by Blocked Amount”, enables investors to apply for IPOs / FPOs and rights issues without making a payment. Instead, the amount is blocked in investors' own account and only an amount proportionate to the shares allotted goes out when allotment is finalized.
- It is a supplementary process of applying in initial public offers (IPO), right issues and follow on public offers (FPO) made through book building route and co-exists with the current process of using cheque as a mode of payment and submitting applications.
Eligibility of Investors:
- An application can have up to three bid options & it can be revised also. The lien will be marked on the highest value of the three bids.
- Bids at cut-off price allowed only if total application Amt is less than or equal to Rs. 2,00,000 for investor category of Individual, Employee, Share holders.
- One account can be blocked for maximum five applications in an IPO.
- Revision and cancellation of bids for retail individual investors are permitted till the issue closure date and time. However for investors other than Retail, the revision is not permitted on the last day beyond 4 P.M.
Such investors are referred as “ASBA investors”, at the time of submitting ASBA application the investors should take utmost care to provide the correct -
- DP ID
- Client ID
- Bid Quantity
- 11 digits Bank Account number (Saving / Current)
Benefits of ASBA to Investors:
- The investor need not pay the application money by cheque rather block his/her bank account to the extent of the application money, thus continue to earn interest on application money..
- The investor does not have to bother about refunds, as in ASBA only an amount proportionate to the securities allotted is taken from the bank account when his/her application is selected for allotment after the basis of allotment is finalized.
- The application form is simpler.
- The investor deals with the known intermediary i.e. his/her own bank.
ASBA process operates in accordance with the SEBI's guidelines in force from time to time.
Avail the ASBA facility through our Designated Branches Pan India.
Demat Cell; Pune is the nodal branch for the ASBA and for Details Contact…
BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
1177, Janmangal, Demat Cell,
3rd Floor, Bajirao Road, Pune 411002
Tel : 020-24504014 , 020-24504004,
Email : email@example.com
Categories of Investors in ASBA:
|Sr. No.||Investor (client) Category|
|1||FIIs other than Individuals or corporate|
|4||Banks and FIs|
|7||NII - others (All entities other than QIBs, Bodies Corporate and Individuals)|
|8||RIIs (Individuals applying upto Rs 1 lakhs) as well as individuals/HUFs, Trusts etc. applying for not more than Rs 1 lakhs)|